--- That Day ---
When I was younger my dad always wanted to take me with him to go on hikes through the southern germanys forests. Back then most of the time I wasn't very motivated to come with him. I had my C64 at home and playing games with friends was much more attractive than walking through the forests with my dad. You know how kids are...
But one day we we're on a hike. It was a warm autumn day, almost no wind blowing so it was very nice to walk.
I still remember the strong colors of the leaves and as our hike was almost over my dad showed my a sunset I will never forget. It was on a small ledge, birds we're flying through clouds and the sun was shining onto the forests in front of us. It was so amazing, all those colorful trees and leaves, and the smile on my dads face.
It must have been one of the best sunsets I've ever experienced!
Phew, I finally finished this project. When I saw the contest I began thinking about taking part and what memory would be suitable. After some time I remeber the hikes with my dad and this special hike.
I started sculpting the two figures out of Super Sculpey and I really have to say I had a hard time getting used to the scale. Normally my projects are in a much smaller scale.
But finally I finished the forest right on time
Some how-to infos:- The figures were sculpted with a wire dolly and Super Sculpey, dad is around 10cm high.
- The trees were glued together from twigs and roots I collected in summer
- The leaves were small sponge parts that have been shredded and colored
- The forest ground was build with foam and given some structure with plaster.
- The backplate and sideplates were first airbrushed than painted with watercolors
- The shadow and light on the whole scene is painted, the backplate is not glowing in any way.If you like this work you should really check out my Artbook project on Indiegogo!
A lot of project photos (on a smaller scale) and right now we're adding a second book with tutorials, work in progress photos and a huge step-by-step for free!